Friday 31 May 2013

How to get anything you want.


This is a very important topic that I want us to talk about. If this doesn't blow you away and leave you with goosebumps, I wonder what will.

I am very passionate about this post, that is the main reason why I'll pour out my heart in this post. It will be quite a long post for people that will just glance through, but it'll be a very adventurous and insightful post for people who actually take their time to read and understand it. My advice for you? Sit back, grab some popcorn (groundnuts will suffice), drink some cold water and do not rush this post. This might change your life as we know it.
Let me also state that this isn't a meta-physical or 'abnormal' way of getting anything you want. It is also not automatic. Because if it was, I would have been been shaking hands with Obama (my dream) and off buying properties in Hawaii. I know that will still happen (don't laugh), but I still have to work on that.

How to get anything you want! We all love to drive the best cars of this world right? (The automobile industry doesn't even help matters by bringing out better models every now and then). We want to have the best relationships. We want to be celebrated by people. We all want that dream job that will make us bosses and enable us work for only 2 hours/day, and collect a salary of 1 million dollars every month. (I don't know about you, but I dream of that kind of job ;) ). Do you know that it is very possible??

BELIEF
First, I would like us to hold onto something and believe in it. What you believe in will work for you. That is why I frown at people who believe their religion is more superior than others. China's main religion is Buddism. China is one of the most successful countries in recent times. The whole of Asia has one of the highest age expectancy rates in the world. Even higher than Nigeria. And we are the most religious country in the world (in my opinion.. lol). Let me share a true-life story I found online with you;

A man that was walking to his home late in the afternoon. The saw a rock (stone) and picked it up because it looked beautiful. He started carrying the stone everywhere he went. He just loved holding the stone. His friend asked him why he was carrying the stone everywhere he went. He replied and said that every time he looks at the stone, he remembers something to be grateful for. Then his friend started calling the stone a 'gratitude stone'. On one fateful day, the man's friend called from South Africa and explained to the man that his son is seriously sick and that no drug was working. So his friend asks for the 'gratitude stone'. The man, startled at the request from his friend because it was a mere stone, reluctantly agreed and went to pick up some other stones from the place he got that particular stone, and sent them to his friend in South Africa.
A week after, his friend calls and tells him that his son is feeling very good now and that they have started selling the 'gratitude stones' to people for 10 rands each, and are giving the money to charity. The friend believed in the stone and it worked for him.

Now let's ask ourselves. Why is it that there are very few group of people that control the wealth of the whole world? Why is it that when you express fear over a relationship or a job offer, you tend to lose it? Why is it that when you wake up on a bad note, the whole day goes bad for you? I have an answer. I'll like to divide them into three categories: Principles of the world, your mind (brain) and your background.

PRINCIPLES OF THE WORLD
The world is guided by principles. Some of the principles are:

  • When you ask, you shall get
  • When you give, you shall receive. 
  • If you work hard, you shall be rewarded
  • Pay attention to your health and you will live long.
  • What goes up must surely come down (Except if you're in outer space)
  • When you are kind to others, others will replicate the kind gesture. 
These principles are cast in stone. They are not even attached to Holy Books. These are real principles that, when followed diligently, will yield results. That is why a notorious killer can live way longer than even a pastor. It also explains why a person that falls from a tall building, whether good or bad, will fall and hit the ground (again, provided the person is in outer space). 

In this case, I'll like to introduce the 'Law of Attraction' or 'Principle of Attraction'. This principle states that whatever you focus all your mind to, you shall get. It's as easy as that. But I must tell you. This is no easy task. There is no veteran in this principle. If you ask the very wealthy men of the world how they made their wealth, they can't give you a definitive answer that you can apply and make wealth like them. You'll get answers like "be very creative" or "be very hardworking" and then you'll be confused and ask yourself, "I'm creative and hardworking now, why am I not getting it right?". But, there's something working for them that they do not pay attention to. There is a dynamic shift in their reasoning that makes it different from the ordinary man. That is what I'm introducing you to. Why do you think the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer? The average rich man has a mindset that is completely different from the poor man. 

THE MIND 
The mind is the most powerful thing in this world. People do not believe me when I say this. Scientists have revealed that we haven't scratched the surface of the efficiency of the brain and mind as human beings. Albert Einstein was referred to as the most brilliant man on earth. He didn't use up to one-tenth of the capacity of his brain. It has been identified that, advanced levels of the mind involves meta-physical things of the world; levitation, telepathy, and mind-control. 
There's a popular saying that goes "Anything that you can conceive, you can achieve". I believe that is the most important quote in this world. No matter how wild your imaginations are, you can achieve them. Who believed there could be a man on the moon? Who ever thought that something as big as an aeroplane will levitate high into the skies? It all started from the mind. Let me tell you a shocking story I read about a while ago. 

There is a particular instrument that is used for measuring pulses generated by the mind and displays them in form of energy exerted. Scientists gathered athletes to run a particular 100m track race and their pulses were recorded. The scientists then attached the instrument to the heads of the athletes and told them to run the same race, but this time, in their minds. Surprisingly, the same amount of pulse being exerted when they ran the 100m track was the same with the amount of pulse being exerted when they ran the same race in their heads. That is the power of the mind. 

Let's link the Principle of Attraction to the mind. Every time you think about something, you send a pulse to the universe. It can be negative or positive depending on what you are thinking about. When you see a Ferrari and you immediately visualize yourself in the car and also generate that feeling of owning a Ferrari, you send a positive pulse to the universe to bring the Ferrari to you. When you sit down for 15 minutes to visualize and generate the good feeling of getting that 'dream spouse' you want. You generate a positive feeling to bring that spouse to you. You do not need to know how it is going to happen but, it will happen. 

There's a down side. If you feel bad and complain about something negative, you send a negative pulse to the universe and it brings more negative things to you. Like I said, it is a principle and it all depends on your mind. That is why when you are in traffic and you complain that you have an appointment to meet and you are running late, you either try to speed or maneuver you way and might end up destroying your car, or you just meet more traffic. The negative pulses that you send is making the universe bring more negative things to you. Most people 'enjoy' being in a certain negative mood (I know I use to enjoy that). It gives them satisfaction and thinking of the circumstances, gives them more justification for their mood. The hardwork in this project is the ability to turn that bad mood to a positive one. 

The rich men party and think of more ways to make money, while the poor men complain about their situation and how the government is not helping. Hence they are always in a bad mood. See the problem?

When you focus on the positive sides of your everyday lives, you will always achieve positive things. When you wake up on a bad note, if you do not get something to change your mood, the whole day goes like that. 
But then, there is a restriction to this; your background. 

BACKGROUND
Your background is very important in this because, your background has given you a form; a shape as to what to believe in or not and also, putting time frames to occurrences. If you clearly know that it is not possible to have something appear right in front of you when you desire it, then your mind has been restricted to that. Things require a time-frame to be delivered. It can be 1 minute, 2 hours, 3 years, or a decade depending on what you are actually thinking of. 

PRAYER
This also applies to your prayers. When people pray and hit their heads against the wall, and yet nothing happens. I just laugh and shake my head. Just as God doesn't look at your actions, he looks at your mind. If you pray for a new job and you just speak it out, you won't get anything. But if you pray and in the middle of the prayer, you generate the feeling of getting a new job. You visualize yourself in your new office, being served coffee and being given an official car, you have given God that feeling of what you desire and you will get it. It might not be exactly what you visualized, but trust me, You will come very close to that. 

When I learnt about this principle, I was really interested and I read a lot of books on this topic. I now decided to have a book where I was going to have all I wanted to achieve in the nearest future. I wrote for the nearest future (because I wanted to be sure that this thing works and not just waste my time). I took sometime to visualize, meditate on them and generate the feeling you get from owning these things. For the next three months, of course nothing happened. I misplaced the book, changed my laptop, lost the series of books  I had read and returned back to my normal life. A year down the line, I got an e-mail newsletter from one of the websites I subscribed to a while ago on this topic. I had been receiving this e-newsletter but most of the time, I didn't pay attention to them. When I got this particular e-newsletter, I remembered that book. I searched for about an hour and finally found the book. 

To my surprise, 90 percent of everything I wrote in that book had been achieved. Not exactly to details though. Some were better of than what I wrote. Some were not as good. But I had goosebumps immediately. They were almost all achieved! That was when I realized that the whole thing works.

I think what really helps me is the strive to succeed. Often times, I tell people to always benchmark and compare themselves with others. Most people think its a bad idea but I can authoritatively tell you that if you want to succeed, you need to compare yourself to others 'successful' people. Have you ever wondered why dullards become smart when they roll with the smart ones? Also wondered why poor people become wealthy when they relocate to the vicinity of the wealthy ones? Their mindset and thinking changes. When you compare yourself and criticize yourself, you tend to do better. My dad once told me; "If you aim for the top of a tree, you might just get to the roof of your house, but if you aim for the skies, you will definitely get the top of a tree". Most ambitious people do not always derive satisfaction in comfort. They want more comfort. If you think and imagine 'very big' things, you will be surprised when you look back and realize that you had conquered the little things that seemed big to you before. 

I want to charge you today. Dwell on the positive sides of your lives. Generate positive feelings. Try to eliminate negative ones. Remove doubt totally. Do not be sarcastic about your thoughts. Be precise and devote time to visualizing and generating the right feelings. It doesn't take anything away from you. No one is asking you to pay any money anywhere. Surround yourself with people that believe anything is possible. Trust me, I am still learning on how to make it work perfectly. Like I earlier stated, nobody is a veteran in this. There are times that you will generate serious negative vibes and not care about any 'law of attraction'. But, constantly work on it and you'll get what you want. Whatever it is. Stay Positive!

YOUR TASK
Whooooooo!! I have said a lot right? Ok, I know you might think this is one of the motivational notes that you read everywhere. So, I want us to try something. Think and visualize seeing a very old friend (Someone, you have not seen in years). Take time to think about, visualize and generate that excited feeling that you get from seeing that old friend. Trust me, in a couple of days, you'll see an old friend. It might not be the exact person that you imagined though.

I hope to get your comments soon. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment